Articles and White Papers

White papers and articles for many years have been an important vehicle for taking a company’s point of view to market. Here is a selection of some recent papers we have written with and for clients.

Designing a Great College STEM Building

August 2016

In 2016, we helped a large architecture and engineering firm, EYP, capture its expertise in a white paper on designing college science, technology, engineering and math buildings. You can see the paper here

How Private Equity Firms Should Evaluate CEOs

July 2016

FMG Leading is a human capital strategy consulting firm based in San Diego and Philadelphia. In the summer of 2016, we worked with CEO Matt Brubaker, VP MaryCay Durrant and other FMG experts to codify their expertise in a white paper focused on the private equity industry. The paper was about how PE companies should evaluate the CEOs or CEO candidates for their portfolio firms. You can download the paper here.

Running a Pharma Patient Support Program

August 2015

ZS Associates is a leading sales and marketing consulting firm for pharmaceuticals, biotech, healthcare services and other B2B companies. Based in Evanston, Ill., the firm employs more than 4,000 worldwide. Working with ZS consultants, we ghostwrote this white paper for ZS on a topic of growing interest to pharma companies: how to devise patient support programs that help patients get access to prescription drugs and adhere to the treatments.

Designing Trials Payers Can Trust

September 2014

Of drugs approved by regulators in the period 2005 to 2014, less than 40% were approved by the bodies that would pay for them. The money that companies spent developing the other 60% will never recovered. The reason is that payers no longer pay for a drug just because regulators have approved it, but companies’ drug development processes have been slow to recognize the change. In this paper we helped senior consultants Barry Farrimond and Samuel Stoddart at PAREXEL International explain how to design trials that can address the concerns of payers, as well as of regulators.

Taking Predictive Coding Out of the Black Box

November 2012

In 2012 we worked with Joe Looby, a senior managing director at FTI Consulting, to develop a journal article on the company's new predictive e-discovery process.  FTI Consulting has since used the article to help clients understand what predictive e-discovery is, how it works, and how it can save corporations a lot of time and money.

Keeping Wealth in the Family

September 2012

Concentus Wealth Advisors is a King of Prussia, Pa., wealth management firm. It turned to Bloom Group in 2012 to help capture its expertise in a white paper on what families with significant wealth must do to increase the chances the money they pass onto their children and grandchildren is not squandered.  We worked with Erik Strid, a principal for the Concentus Wealth Advisors, on the paper.

After the Crisis

December 2011

We have helped many professionals at FTI Consulting produce articles for their company’s management journal. In 2012, we helped Stephen Kingsley, Senior Managing Director, Economic Consulting, craft an article for the journal about the aftermath of the banking crisis. Stephen drafted the article on the basis of his observations, his client work and expert knowledge. We edited it into a piece that was suitable for the journal and appealed to a broad business audience. 

Ready. Aim…

March 2011

In 2011 we helped Gordon McCoun, Vice Chairman and Senior Managing Director at FTI Consulting, craft an article for C-Suite executives about the need to invest during the downturn. Gordon conceived the article and included a client who could talk to the benefits of having done as he was recommending. We gathered further data, examples and executive quotes to build a substantial piece which was published as the lead article in that quarter’s edition.